Do you wear sunglasses a lot? If so, have you ever given any thought to the kind of sunglasses you’re wearing? Many people don’t realize that there are different types of sunglasses lenses, and each offers its own set of benefits. We would like to discuss polarized lenses and why they offer some significant advantages over other types of lenses. We will also talk about how you can choose the right pair of polarized glasses to meet your needs. At Highland Family Eye Care in St. Paul, we offer a wide selection of polarized glasses for both adults and children.request an appointment
How Polarized Lenses Work
Polarized lenses are coated with a special chemical film that helps reduce glare. This is especially beneficial if you spend a lot of time outdoors, as it can reduce eye fatigue and strain. When light reflects off of a flat surface, it can often create glare. Polarized lenses have a filter that only allows vertical light waves to pass through, which blocks out the glare.
The Benefits of Polarized Lenses
There are several benefits to wearing polarized lenses, including:
- Reduced eye fatigue and strain
- Greater clarity and contrast
- Increased vibrancy and color saturation
- Better definition in shadows
- Improved depth perception
Polarized lenses are a great option if you’re looking for a pair of sunglasses that will help reduce glare and eye fatigue.
How to Choose the Right Pair of Polarized Glasses
When choosing a pair of polarized glasses, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- The type of activity you’ll be using them for: If you will be spending a lot of time outdoors, opt for a pair that offers 100% UV protection.
- Your budget: Polarized lenses are more expensive than other types of lenses, but they’re worth the investment if you spend a lot of time in the sun.
- The style of frames: Choose a pair of frames that fit your personal style and face shape.
- The lens color: Darker lenses offer more protection from the sun, but lighter lenses provide better clarity.
Contact Highland Family Eye Care in St. Paul, MN
Polarized lenses offer many benefits, including reduced eye fatigue, increased clarity and contrast, and improved depth perception. When choosing a pair of polarized glasses, it’s important to consider the types of activities you will use them for, your budget, the style of frames, and the lens color. At Highland Family Eye Care, we offer a wide selection of polarized glasses to meet your needs. Call our team today at (651) 699-5400 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.